WORK WITH US
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR/SALES ASSOCIATE
Hutch & Home is looking for responsible, energetic, and capable candidates who would enjoy working in our family oriented environment as a Store & Sales Associate. The right person for the job has excellent customer service, interpersonal and office administration skills. We are seeking a mature candidate who can work independently, has excellent attention to detail, has the foresight to see what needs done, and is capable of making good decisions.
As a Hutch & Home team member, you are reliable, punctual, efficient and well spoken; demonstrate excellent organizational, administrative and execution skills and understand our brand, product and services. You are patient, computer savvy, can multi-task and deal with interruptions.
The Store and Sales Associate works with customers to find what they want, ensures a smooth sales process and processes / follows up on transactions. This position reports directly to the Store Owner.
· Assist our customers with the selection of unique product with unparalleled quality to include furniture, accessories, rugs, window treatments, and more.
· Welcomes and assists our customers either in-person, by phone, or via various electronic means.
· Verifies new customer financial information; processes orders, billings and payments.
· Maintains customer, vendor, inventory, delivery and staff records.
· Work with stock, inventory, special order, and delivery programs to ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
· Schedules customer consultations and deliveries / pick-ups. Answers relevant questions, follows up on missed appointments and provides order status and delivery updates. Is methodical and understands the importance of follow-through and accurate documentation.
· Develops a deep understanding of our business software.
· Assists with marketing and various other customer outreach programs and events.
· Maintains a clean and orderly storefront.
Required Experience / Skills:
· Enjoys working in retail and understands the concepts of selling in a fast-paced yet professional environment.
· Wants to have fun helping people improve their home environment thereby improving their quality of life.
· Exemplifies professional standards in appearance and appreciates the power of always making a great first impression.
· The customer is always right; speaks in a friendly way to customers and potential customers, listens to their needs and helps communicate options for them.
· Effectively communicates with customers about product and service features, answers any questions they might have, and is able to handle challenging customers.
· Outgoing personality, positive attitude and high level of professionalism.
· Outstanding organizational and administrative skills. Is methodical and understands the importance of follow-through and accurate documentation.
· Proficiency with the MS Office Suite and basic social media such as Facebook, Pinterest, and Houzz to interact with and reach new customers.
· Able to multi-task in a busy practice, with constant interruption, shifting priorities and ambiguity.
· Flexibility: 30 to 35 per week.
· Proven experience in position with similar responsibilities.
· Required education level: High School diploma or equivalent.
· Base rate of $10/hour
We accept applications via direct email (send to email@example.com with the subject line: Store & Sales Associate). We highly recommend attaching a resume and cover letter when submitting your application, as these applications will be given preference during the screening process. We will contact you if we feel you may be a good fit for an opening
Applicants are also welcome to stop by the store or mail applications to 1224 7th Avenue, Beaver Falls, PA 15010. Bring your resume, and we will review your application and call you for an interview.